Here's the ultimate guide to getting a replacement title for your vehicle in Illinois DMV. We've simplified the entire process for you to save you time.
What You’ll Need to Replace your Vehicle Title in Illinois
- Completed Application for Vehicle Transaction(s) (Form VSD 190)
- Photo ID and registration certificate (if applying in person)
- $95 for replacement title fee (check or money order)
What You’ll Need to Do to Replace your Vehicle Title in Illinois
- Mail the completed form plus payment to:
Secretary of State
Vehicle Services Department
501 S. 2nd St., RM 014
Springfield, IL 62756
- Receive your replacement Illinois vehicle title via U.S. mail
Caveats to Replacing your Vehicle Title in Illinois
- Need your replacement title in a hurry? Then visit your nearest Illinois SOS office instead. Expedited titles are available for an additional $30 fee.