Wondering what you need and how you can renew your New Jersey Driver's License? Here is the ultimate guide to quickly and easily renewing your New Jersey driver license.
What You’ll Need to Renew your New Jersey Driver License
- 6 points of ID. Read more about the 6 points of ID.
- Proof of address
- A $24 fee for a standard license to be paid at the agency by credit/debit card, cash, check, or money order (payable to NJMVC).
- Additional fee is required for added endorsements or classes.
- Completed Application for Permit/License/Non-Driver ID (Form BA-208)
What You’ll Need to Do to Renew your New Jersey Driver License Online
- Go to the New Jersey license renewal online website.
- Type in your zip code, driver's license or ID number, and you Social Security Number.
- Pay the fee as shown in the system.
What You’ll Need to Do to Renew your New Jersey Driver License in Person or by Mail
- Visit your nearest DMV office in person. Consider making a DMV appointment or getting a line waiting concierge.
- Fill out Auto License Application or Non-Driver ID Application and submit it, with your documents and fees, at one of the counters.
- Submit the Completed Application for Permit/License/Non-Driver ID (Form BA-208).
- Have your photo taken and pay the license renewal fee.
- Receive your new license.
Here are New Jersey driver's license renewal exceptions to note:
- License already expired? Then you will need to apply for a new driver’s license.