Here's the ultimate guide to transferring your vehicle title at the Florida DMV. We've simplified the entire process to save you time.
What You’ll Need to Transfer your Vehicle Title in Florida
- The completed original title with sale price, buyer’s name and address, seller’s name and address.
- Completed Application for Title.
- Completed Notice of Sale.
- Odometer reading verified.
- Your driver’s license.
- Proof of insurance.
- Approved loan documentation.
- The vehicle that is being sold.
- Payment for all fees and taxes due.
What You’ll Need to Do to Transfer your Vehicle Title in Florida
- Visit any DMV office near you. Consider making a DMV appointment or getting a line waiting concierge.
- Submit the required documents and ID.
- Submit the required payment.
- Receive a temporary vehicle title.
- Receive your vehicle title via U.S. mail.