Here's the ultimate guide to transferring your vehicle title at the Oklahoma DMV. We've simplified the entire process to save you time.
What You’ll Need to Transfer your Vehicle Title in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Certificate of Title, properly assigned and notarized.
- Current registration information (unless you’re transferring a junk title).
- Proof of liability insurance.
- A completed odometer disclosure statement for vehicles 9 years old or newer.
- A bill of sale, purchase contract or Declaration of Vehicle Purchase Price (Form 722-1).
What You’ll Need to Do to Transfer your Vehicle Title in Oklahoma
- You will need the title notarized before/during submission.
- Fill the title transfer section on the Oklahoma certificate of title
- Complete the Application for Oklahoma Certificate of Title for a Vehicle (Form 701-6)
- Visit any DMV office near you. Consider making a DMV appointment or getting a line waiting concierge.
- Pay the fees. Transfer: $17, with Lien: $10 extra (in-state) or $13 extra (out of state).