Need to renew your passport in New Castle?
We've put together a simple checklist below to help you renew your passport quickly and easily. In most cases you can renew your passport by mail. If you don't have time to learn how to renew your passport, skip to our door-to-door passport renewal service.Are you eligible to renew your passport in New Castle?
To renew your US passport in New Castle by mail, it must be undamaged and all of the following must apply:
- It was issued less than 15 years ago
- You were 16 years or older when it was issued
- It is in your current name (or you can legally document the name change)
If you meet all of these requirements you can renew your passport by mail. You'll need to have a passport photo taken within the last 6 months, the correct form, and a money order to the Department of State. If you don't want to go to CVS or Walgreens for your photo then the post office, try our door-to-door passport renewal option. We'll even take your photos and can also expedite your passport when necessary.How can you renew your passport in New Castle?
Here's what to do in New Castle to renew your passport quickly:
In typical times, passport renewals take 6-8 weeks for regular processing and 2-4 weeks for expedited processing. During coronavirus, the US Department of State has increased processing times to, on average, 10-12 weeks for regular processing and 6-8 weeks for expedited processing.How can you get your passport renewal expedited in New Castle?
- Have current passport photos taken
- Fill out Department of State Form DS-82
- Get a Money Order in the amount owed made out to the Department of State
- Mail in above documents via the US Post Office to a Passport Facility (FedEx is not accepted)
If you need to expedite your passport renewal in New Castle by mail, your options are: Expedited service by mail for a 2-3 week turn-around or expedited service at passport agency for a quick return in certain circumstances. Again, during coronavirus the Department of State is not guaranteeing these times, and for a period of time they were only expediting for life-or-death emergencies. This has changed, but in the future is subject to change once again as Passport Agencies are forced to change their operations due to the pandemic.
- You can submit your expedited passport application (with your Money Order) at any post office near New Castle
- Cost is the normal $110 + a $60 expediting fee ($170 total) paid to the Department of State
- You can also add a 1-2 Day Delivery option for $17.13
If you aren't able to renew your passport by mail because you don't meet the above requirements, check out our regular passport information page for New Castle. If you want a convenient door-to-door new passport service option, check out Skip'sdoor-to-door new passport service in New Castle. This includes a new passport packet with your photos, forms, and a post office appointment to commplete your new passport application.