Need to renew your passport in Plantation? We're here to help. We've put together a simple checklist below to help you renew your passport quickly and easily. In most cases you can renew your passport by mail. If you don't have time to learn how to renew your passport, skip to our door-to-door passport renewal service.
Are you eligible to renew?To renew your US passport in Plantation by mail, it must be undamaged and all of the following must apply:
- It was issued less than 15 years ago
- You were 16 years or older when it was issued
- It is in your current name (or you can legally document the name change)
Meet all these requirements? Hooray, you can renew by mail! For pricing, forms, and tips, see our detailed ultimate passport renewal page.
How to renew your passportStep-by-step, here's what to do in Plantation:
- ✅ Have current passport photos taken
- ✅ Fill out Department of State Form DS-82
- ✅ Get a Money Order in the amount owed made out to the Department of State
- ✅ Mail in above documents via the US Post Office to a Passport Facility (FedEx is not accepted)
How long will my passport renewal take? Regular mail-in renewal service takes 6-8 weeks.
Need your passport renewal expedited?If you need to expedite your passport renewal in Plantation by mail, your options are:
Expedited service by mail for a 2-3 week turn-around OR expedited service at passport agency for a quick return in certain circumstances
- You can submit your expedited passport application (with your Money Order) at any post office near Plantation
- Cost is the normal $110 + a $60 expediting fee ($170 total) paid to the Department of State
- You can also add a 1-2 Day Delivery option for $17.13
Pro-Tips: If you aren't able to renew your passport by mail because you don't meet the above requirements, check out our regular passport information page for Plantation. If you want a convenient door-to-door passport renewal option, check out our door-to-door passport renewal option for Plantation.