This week, we are featuring grant and loan options for the states that Ryder (our CEO) drives through on his way to New York. In this post, we will highlight a few options that are available to small businesses in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York. We also included grants for Texas due to the number of requests on our YouTube channel.
If you want to be the first to know about new small business grants and loans, join skip plus and never miss out on future opportunities. We post new grant and funding options twice per week for our members.
Illinois Grant Opportunities
Here are the current grant and funding opportunities for Illinois businesses and entrepreneurs.
- $15K Grants For Des Plains Businesses: The Economic Development Small Business Assistance Program (EDSBA) is awarding $15K grants to businesses in Des Plains that have 20 full-time employees or less. Grants can be used for wages, rent or mortgages, utility payments, and more. More restrictions apply, so check it out if you believe you may qualify.
- $50K Grants for Restaurants in Chicago: Grubhub and the Restaurant Strong Fund have partnered to support small restaurants. The All-Day Campaign grant will award grants ranging from $5K to $50K to the first 500 small restaurants that apply in Chicago. Applications will close once they receive 500 applications, so don't wait.
- Low-Interest Business Loans: The Advantage Illinois program provides loans to small businesses across the state through participating institutions. Its goal is to "ease the credit crunch for small businesses." Loans can be used for start-up costs, equipment and inventory purchasing, working capital, and more.
Indiana Grant Opportunities
There are currently no grants specific to Indiana (that we could find), but Indiana businesses can apply to the following grant. As we find more, we'll post them on our app.
- $5K Grants For All Businesses: Hello Alice is awarding $5K grants to 50 small businesses through their Small Business Growth Fund. To be eligible for this grant, businesses must be for-profit, have less than $1 million in annual revenue, have a clear plan to use the funds, and have a commitment to diversity and community. The application deadline is December 10, 2021.
Ohio Grant Opportunities
There are several small business grants available and open for Ohio businesses.
- $30K Grants for Entertainment, Food, and Lodging Industries: Three different grant programs provide grants ranging from $10K to $30K (based on pandemic revenue loss) for the Entertainment, Food, and Lodging industries. Businesses must have been in operation since December 1, 2019 (or earlier) to qualify. Find out more about these Ohio grants.
- $10K Grants for New Small Businesses: The Ohio New Small Business Grant offers $10K grants to new small businesses that were impacted by the pandemic. If your business opened on or after January 1, 2020, and you have 25 employees or fewer, you may qualify for this grant.
Pennsylvania Grant Opportunities
For restaurants located in the city of Philadelphia, here is an opportunity for you. As we find more grants, we'll post them on our app.
- $50K Grants for Restaurants in Philadelphia: Grubhub and the Restaurant Strong Fund have partnered to support small restaurants. The All-Day Campaign grant will award grants ranging from $5K to $50K to the first 500 small restaurants that apply in Philadelphia. Applications will close once they receive 500 applications, so don't wait.
New York Grant Opportunities
Here are the current grant and funding opportunities for New York businesses and entrepreneurs.
- $15K Grants For New York City Entrepreneurs: Are you an entrepreneur located in Manhattan, The Bronx, or Staten Island? If so, look into the New York StartUP! Business Plan Competition. The New York Public Library is hosting the 12th annual competition and is giving away $15K grants. You must have ideas or business models in the start-up phase and have earned less than $10,000. Applications are due by January 31, 2022.
- $50K Grants for New York Businesses: The New York State COVID-19 Pandemic Small Business Recovery Grant Program is open to all small businesses that opened on or before March 1, 2019, and have proof of financial loss due to the pandemic. The grant amounts vary from $5,000 to $50,000, depending on the annual gross receipts from 2019. Currently, there is no posted deadline.
Texas Grant Opportunities
We included Texas in this list due to the number of requests on our latest YouTube videos. If you live in the 'Lone Star State,' these opportunities are for you.
- $10K Grants for Businesses In Milam County: The Milam County Grant Program offers grants to all small businesses with 25 or fewer employees, even sole proprietors with no employees. If businesses can demonstrate a $10K reduction in revenue between March 19, 2020, and March 20, 2021, they can qualify for a $10K grant. If businesses can demonstrate $5K in revenue reduction, they can qualify for a $5K grant. Application closes December 31, 2021.
- $25K Grants for Businesses in Fort Bend County: The Small Business Emergency Grant Program is available to businesses that have been in operation since December 30, 2019, and can show a 25% decline in revenue. Grants range from $5K to $25K depending on annual revenue. This opportunity is available until funds run out.
Get Ongoing Help For Your Business
Do you need help applying for these grants? Do you have other questions about your business, such as EIDL applications, SBA loans, or other business funding questions? Get ongoing personalized funding help from our team. There are over 4,000 on our waiting list, but you can skip the waitlist completely with this invite link. Join Skip Premium today and get 1-1 support.